FACULTY OF ECONOMICS AND BUSINESS ADMINISRATION
Internsip Guide Definition: The students are prepared for the business life by doing internship in the determined periods with the objective of making observations and examination on site related to their studies about the tasks they can do in institutions and organizations of commercial and industrial establishments and services sector. Internsip is undertaken in 20 (twenty) working days during summer months as compulsory. Even if the student achieves the required grade point average for graduation, graduation and leave procedures are not done unless the student is successful in the internship. If the student is found unsuccessful, the internship is repeated under the same conditions. In other matters related to internship which are not mentioned in this guide, the relevant articles of Doğuş University Associate Degree/Undergraduate Education Internship Directive instructions apply.
Objective: The objective of this internsip for the students in the departments of Business Administration, Economics, Economics and Finance, International Trade and Business in the Faculty of Economics and Business Administration is to reinforce the theoretical knowledge gained by the application and improve their skills. During the internship it is aimed for the students to know the work order and relations provide the development of areas of interest within the working areas of the sector and to establish connections that can create job opportunities for them after graduation. Internsip is an opportunity for students for students to clarify their interest in career. Also, they will gain experience in corporate-management-employee relations and interaction.
Expectations/Student Obligations: Obligation and responsibility to find suitable internship places are generally entirely belong to the student as stated in Dogus University Associate Degree / Undergraduate Teaching Internship Directive. However, the members of the Faculty Internship Committee can help the students to find an internship place. The students are obliged to comply with the work order, rules, instructions and orders of the enterprise they are practicing, to participate in the commercial, social and cultural activities of the workplace such as permanent staff and to perform the duties related to the vocational training provided by the managers. The students are obliged to comply with the work order, rules, instructions and orders of the enterprise they are practicing, to participate in the commercial, social and cultural activities of the workplace such as permanent staff and to perform the duties related to the vocational training provided by the managers. Otherwise, their internship is not accepted successful. If the student is assigned a duty contrary to the vocational training formation, the Internship Commission may change the place of the student's internship. Trainees are subject to the responsibilities of those workplace employees due to the damages they will cause because of their defects. Students cannot be absent from school without excuse during the internship. The internship of the trainee who has been absent for 10% of the internship period for three consecutive days without excuse or during the internship period is terminated by the enterprise and the situation is notified to the Internship Commission. The provisions of Dogus University and Higher Education Institutions Student Disciplinary Regulations are also valid during the internship. The Internship Place Criteria: Public institutions and organizations and private sector companies whose fields are specified according to the sections below are determined as appropriate internship places:Department of Economics and Finance students,
Commercial banks, Investment banks, Development banks, Participation banks, Insurance companies, Private pension companies, Leasing companies, Factoring companies, Forfaiting companies, Intermediary institutions, Asset management companies, Investment companies, BRSA, CBRT, Banks Association of Turkey (TBB), TSPAKB (Turkey Capital Market Intermediary Institutions Association), CMB, ISE, Trade and Industry Chambers, National and International Trade and Industry Companies, Business Administration students; In the private sector, public institutions and non-profit organizations, Banking and Insurance, Consulting, Financial Consultancy, in general, any organization serving in any field of human resources, production planning, marketing, communication, public relations, investment and finance departments, International Trade and Students of the Department of Business Administration; National and international trade, industry and service companies import-export, logistics, customs, international finance, international business, international marketing departments and Banks, Insurance Companies, Ports, Exporters' Associations and Chamber of Commerce can do the internship.
Internship Procedures and Rules
· At the end of the internship, the student will submit the Internship File containing the Internship Questionnaire, Internship Report and Internship Book to the Faculty Internship Commission at the latest within three weeks from the beginning of the semester following the internship. If the documents are not delivered on time, the internship is considered not to be done.
· The Internship Report will be written on the computer in English or Turkish, depending on the preference.
· The Internship Report should be answered on the basis of those suitable for the institution where the internship is made among the questions included in the internship guide.
· Questions that cannot be answered for technical or confidential reasons should be specified at the end of the Internship Report with their reasons.
· The list of "contents," "Tables," and "Shapes" should be included in the Internship Report with the page numbers.
· All Figures, Tables, Charts, Pictures and Forms must be named, explained, and numbered.
· Each page of the Internship Report and The Internship Book must be signed and sealed. It should be remembered that Internship Reports and Internship Books without bearing any signature and seal shall be regarded as invalid.
Evaluation of the Internship File
The evaluation of the Internship File is based on the Associate/Undergraduate Education Internship Directive of Dogus University
Internship Evaluation Questions
1) Please state the name, address, date of establishment, number of personnel and the sector of the company.
2) Specify the legal entity type of the company (joint stock company, limited liability company, cooperative company, collective company, commandite company, etc.). Provide information about the company's resources and capital structure. Is the entity affiliated with a holding? If so, introduce this holding and its affiliates.
3) Express the size of the company according to various criteria (total number of personnel, total monthly / annual sales, total production capacity, etc.). Use these criteria to compare the company to other companies in the same sector. You can get information from production, sales, marketing, finance and / or personnel departments of the company. Internship report may include the techniques such as Swot analysis, Tows analysis, ”Porter's Market Model”.
4) What are the products of the company? How products are delivered by a distribution system to customers? Are after-sales services provided? Identify the reasons for changes in product sales over the last three years.
5) Schematize the organization chart of the company. Organization chart is a tool to explain the functions and positions of the staff of the company. It helps to determine the authority, responsibility and duties in the company. It helps identifying authority scheme and accountability relationships, activities and communication channels. In the absence of this chart, many people assess the company as just a group of people or activities. However, the organizational chart provides a picture of the structure of the company, which enables us to evaluate the business as a whole, to provide a better understanding of the complementary components of the company and the interrelationships between these components.
6) Describe the general functions of the departments of the company, such as finance, accounting, foreign trade etc., as a service or manufacturing business.
7) Explain the capital budgeting, capital structure and net working capital status of the company by using the basic analysis under the topic of financial analysis, (2) calculate short-term liquidity ratios, long-term debt ratios, asset management ratios, profitability ratios and market value ratios, (3) Interpret your findings in 1 and 2.
8) Are there any modern policy and application determined for the services provided to the customer in the company to ensure continuously customer satisfaction? If so, please state them with your own suggestions. Describe the company's social responsibility projects.
9) Evaluate the company considering quality management and standards. Explain the management functions of the company and indicate how the relation between those functions is applied in the company.
10) Does the company have operations in the abroad? Which goods and services does it buy from foreign markets?
11) Which methods of delivery, payment and finance are applied in the foreign trade operations of the company?
12) Is there any risk policy for the payment and collection processes in the foreign trade operations of the company?
13) What kinds of complaints are made from domestic and foreign customers? How these complaints are handled?
14) Does the company make any production planning and demand estimation?
15) Which practices does the company follow regarding the quality management, what kinds of studies are conducted related with the quality costs, quality improvements and quality auditing?
16) How are operating costs controlled?
17) What kind of price policy is implemented in the company?
18) What kind of documents is used in exports of the company?
19) Which distribution channels/systems are used by the company in domestic and foreign trade?
20) What sort of logistic decisions are taken and what sort of problems are experienced related to those decisions?
21) Define a deficiency in the business model and explain how things should be done ideally. If you think everything is functioning appropriately in the business, explain one of those functions.